he following is a list of things that I have learned from my own experience and the experiences of people who have been in similar situations as me.
1. Be honest about your life situation. Don't create stories around what you think others want to hear. Be real, don't lie to them, and they'll respect you for it.
2. Be patient. Try not to let anything get into your head where you feel like giving up. You're only human, afterall, and no one's perfect. If they are willing to wait for you, then they respect you enough to know that you've got something going on.
3. Don't make promises that you can't keep. If they ask for time off, give them time off. If they need a favor, help them out. They'll appreciate it and won't forget it, even if you say it was nothing.
4. Be grateful for what you have. No matter how much money you make, no matter how many friends you have, no matter how many lovers you have...you still wake up each day and you're still alive. There's always someone worse off than you and it's easy to take for granted what you have, but you never know when it could be taken from you.
5. Have fun. Enjoy yourself. Make sure you're doing good things, whether it's working hard at school, spending time with your family, or just hanging out with the girls. Life's too short to be miserable, especially when you're young.