If a centipede bites a dog the dog will most often be fine unless the dog is allergic to the venom of the centipede.
The venom of centipedes is not poisonous to dogs or humans although some dogs may have an allergic reaction to it.
In rare cases a dog may die from the centipede bite but most often the dog will just be in pain for awhile or have some swelling of the area where they were bitten.
A centipede bite could cause death if the person is allergic to the venom which then leads to other complications.
Deaths are rare from centipede bites although 3 people have died from being bitten by centipedes but they were allergic or had other complications that lead to the death.
The venom in centipedes is not poisonous to humans so death should not occur.
If a centipede bites you the bite will be painful and there may be redness and swelling for a few days or so.
However the venom from a centipede including the giant centipede is not poisonous to humans so you should be okay and nothing should happen.
Giant centipedes are not poisonous to humans although giant centipedes can bite and the bite from a giant centipede is really painful.
Some people may have an allergic reaction to the giant centipede bite although the venom of a giant centipede or other centipede is not poisonous to humans.
Centipedes are scared of humans, large animals, light and also avoid peppermint oil, rosemary oil, close oil, thyme oil, lavender oil, eucalyptus oil and tea tree oil.
Centipedes do not like being pet or handled and if you keep a centipede as a pet they are only good for visual pets and being enjoyed by looking at them.
Giant centipedes and regular centipedes can be friendly if left alone or you don't seem a threat to them but centipedes can also be very aggressive and bite readily if they see you as a threat.
Giant centipede venom causes rapid paralysis in cockroaches, lizards or any other animal that gets bit by the giant centipede.
Giant centipedes are somewhat aggressive which means the giant centipede will bite a perceived threat readily.
Symptoms of a giant centipede bite are swelling, redness, inflammation and intense pain.
Big centipedes and giant centipedes eat Silverfish, Bed bugs, Earthworms, Crickets, Moths, Cockroaches, Spiders and even other centipedes.
A giant centipede can get as big as 12 inches or 1 foot in length and some giant centipedes may get a bit bigger.
Giant Centipedes live on average of 10 years and can grow as long as 12 inches of 1 foot long.
The Arthropleura centipedes are no longer alive as they have gone extinct.
Arthropleura (meaning “jointed ribs”) was a giant, centipede-like arthropod from the Carboniferous period 320 to 299 million years ago, and was the largest known land arthropod ever.
The Arthropleura centipede was so big because the oxygen level then was 50 percent higher than it is today which allowed it to grow so big.
Arthropleura was able to grow larger than modern arthropods, partly because of the greater partial pressure of oxygen in Earth's atmosphere at that time and partly because of the lack of large terrestrial vertebrate predators.
Giant centipedes as well as regular centipedes are very common in Hawaii.
Hawaii is home to three species of centipede Lithobius sp, Mecistocephalus maxillaries, and Scolopendra subspinipes.
S. subspinipes is the only Hawaiian centipede with clinical significance and has a number of aliases, including Giant Centipede, Jungle Centipede, Vietnamese Centipede, and Chinese Red Head.
Animals that prey on giant centipedes include small cats, mongooses, large birds, scorpions, lizards and snakes.
Giant centipedes such as the Amazonian giant centipede live mostly in subtropical and tropical rain forests of western and northern South America.
Giant Centipedes also live in and inhabit areas of the Caribbean which include St. Thomas, St, U.S. Virgin Islands and Jamaica.
Centipedes can travel as fast as 1.3 feet per second so they can get away from most predators pretty quickly or catch up to their own meals.
Seeing a centipede is good luck as both centipedes and millipedes are symbols of good luck, healing and energy.
The lifespan of a centipede is between 5 to 6 years.
Unless the centipede gets killed or eaten in the wild then the centipede will live on average of up to 6 years although some centipedes may live a bit longer or shorter life.
Centipedes in prehistoric times were found to be as big as a width of 55 centimeters 22 in), length of 1.9 meters (6 ft 3 in) to 2.63 meters (8 ft 8 in) and body mass of 50 kg (110 lb).
The deadliest centipede in the world is the Amazonian giant centipede.
Scolopendra gigantea, also known as the Peruvian giant yellow-leg centipede or Amazonian giant centipede, is a centipede in the genus Scolopendra.
It is the largest centipede species in the world, with a length exceeding 30 centimeters.
Specimens may have 21 or 23 segments.
Most centipede bites are just painful and not dangerous to your health.
However some people may have allergic reactions or infections after the centipede bite and if you do then see the doctor or go to the hospital if it's an emergency.
Centipedes do sometimes bite humans but it's rare that they do.
As long as you stay away from the centipede they will cause you no harm and the centipede is not poisonous when they bite you.
The larger the centipede though the more painful the bite.
I once was bitten by a centipede as a kid and it hurt really bad but I never had any health issues from it and the centipede bite healed up within a month and it was like it never happened.
Some people have allergic reactions to centipede bites and in those cases the centipede bite could be dangerous but in most cases centipede bites are just painful and not dangerous.
Centipedes are predatory arthropods belonging to the class Chilopoda of the subphylum Myriapoda, an arthropod group which also includes millipedes and other multi-legged creatures.
Centipedes are elongated segmented creatures with one pair of legs per body segment.
All centipedes use venom to kill their prey.
Centipede bites rarely cause health complications in humans, and aren't typically dangerous or fatal.
However, some centipedes have venom which produces a variety of toxins, including chemicals such as histamine, serotonin, and cardio-depressant toxin-S.